#

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Certificate of Eligibility: I-20 and DS-2019

What are Forms I-20 and DS-2019, and how can I obtain the one I need?

The Certificate of Eligibility is issued by your academic institution after you have been accepted as a graduate student, to enable you to apply for a visa stamp at the U.S. Consulate. The type of certificate depends on the type of visa for which you are applying. The I-20 is valid for the F-1 visa. The DS-2019 is valid for the J-1 visa.

Before University can issue a I-20 or DS-2019, you must submit a statement of financial support, documenting that you have the financial resources for your first year at USC. Your financial statement may be a bank statement, scholarship or fellowship award that shows support for the required amount.

No comments:

MS in US:GRE,TOEFL,F1 VISA,Graduate Schools,Admission, H1b Visa, Immigration, Application